Saturday, June 19, 2010

thankful

Well today I had big plans for celebrating Shannon's 2nd Fathers day and it didnt go as I had planned. He got up early to go into work and then went over to his parents house to have a "talk" with his mom. I hope it was well received but things are not going to get better between her and I unless WE resolve OUR issues. It's all pretty dumb but what is even worse is that she is ducking having the "talk" with me to get stuff out in the open! I am learning a lot about myself and definitely growing in this experience- even Shannon has come a long way as far as I am concerned he is a better man for having this trial to deal with. 
Jr. and I went to Color Me Mine and made (painted and hand printed) a mug that says i love dad on it and we gave it to him today so he could start using it.  He loved it! then we went out to dinner to Carinos.  I am thankful for such an awesome Husband and father to my child! My own Father was very influential in my life and which I am so thankful for! He and my mom have been married over 30 years and I love the person he has become over the years.  I learn a lot from my parents- like how to love and support with out intruding or judging, and how to be different but still be together and supportive of each other.  I am fascinated with the dynamic of opposites attract because it's true but it doesnt always pan out... in their case it has! Happy Father's Day Dad! Happy Father's Day Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment