Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Catching Up

Okay so I realize I haven't been here in a while, but here I am! A lot has happened since January! My Son Shannon Jr. is now walking, trying to say everything, getting into everything, and VERY independent!  I am still working from home and loving it!  I just celebrated my first Mother's Day and I guess you could say that day is what prompted me to get back on here and write.  I want to keep this journal daily, weekly etc. and keep track of life's happenings so myself and my family can look back on this one day.
I can't believe it will be one year since I gave birth to my little bundle of joy! I enjoyed my pregnancy so much even though it was a VERY streddful time for us , looking to buy our first home and getting kicked out of our current home... It has been a year since I worked as an Event planner and Executive Assistant and we have come sooooo far as a family. I am planning his birthday party now... BIG fun for the BIG 1!! Shannon and I are really getting the hang of this parenting stuff and we are doing good.  I miss our date nights so we are going to get those back going.  I wish circumstances with my mother in law were better right now so that leaving the baby with them wasn't such a struggle for me but with a lot of prayer I am believing that it will get better.  I just really miss my mom.  I wish I could combine AZ & CA - that would be perfect... housing prices and family and friends from AZ with the entertainment and good weather of CA! I really feel grateful to have such a wonderful family and legacy that I come from.  I learned so much from my mom and still am- I love skyping with her and the rest fo my family - it takes away the miles!  Well my next big project that I am going to start working on is weaning Jr and in turn working with him to fall asleep at nap time with out my help.  He is doing pretty good at bed time (after I nurse him) so once he starts milk I am going to really work with him on that.  Also he has 3 teeth cutting through right now so I think some of it is for comfort right now.  He is so curious and adventurous! Just today he figured out how to open the doors on our tv entertainment stand ....UH OH! hahaha he also found the pull outs and the drawer in the ottoman! He amazes me everyday- lets see the things that he discovered so far.... the doggie door- everything can go out that! the dog food bowl and water dispenser... the cabinets, drawers in the kitchen an bathroom... the trash cans, the water machine, the end tables (crawls through them) the doggies toys ( he shakes them in front of Sophie and then puts them in her mouth) and so much more!!! I LOVE being a mom! We go to different parks and some that have ponds, where we feed the ducks- JR loves ducks and so do I! He likes to pick up things from the ground like rocks and hold them in his hands -I have to really watch him to make sure he doesn't get anything in hos mouth because he sure tries... I am working my Mary Kay business and also my notary business and I feel really blessed for all the opportunities that I am given...What's amazing to me is that on what I have brought in (on a VERY part time basis) and Shannon's new position with his new company ( VP of servicing at REDC) and new salary- we have not noticed much of a difference even with all the new things to spend money on in our life - I feel so blessed and watched over and protected by my heavenly father... His love surrounds me and I have such peace which I am thankful for! ok gotta run and clean up the house before he wakes up from his nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment